Re: [BKARTS] sewing machine reccomendations

I have been using a Singer 20U for about 15 years. I used to do
moderate sewing on it, but now only use it occasionally. It has never
needed service, only regular oiling. It is considered, as far as I
know, a semi-industrial machine, so the speed isn't as big of an issue
as with full-scale models. It is large, though, with a table and stand.
It does the standard zig-zag, forward, backward. I like it because the
power is there when you need it, but is delicate enough for most tasks.
I don't know what the prices run today for this machine, or if it is
even made, but mine cost me $600 when I bought it used about 15 years
ago.

Vernon W.

Wiering Books
1553 Orville Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507 USA
616/248-5434

Period bookbinding and restoration, by hand.

Visit
http://www.wieringbooks.com