[BKARTS] Board Shear for sale - still.

** BOARD SHEAR - John Jacques Paper Box Machinery Co., Worcester, Mass

32" blade.  Includes narrow-cut attachment.

$1,100 obo.

I have had a few offers on this machine, but no final takers.

The three problems are its weight - probably close to 400 lbs or more, its location in Lompoc, on the central California coast, about 50 miles north of Santa Barbara, (though fairly close to US 101) and the costs of having a commercial mover transporting it.

There is a United Van Lines outlet in Lompoc who moved it into my shop originally from 25 miles away for $200, but costs escalate with distance.

I'm willing to negotiate price, but if a buyer wants to come after it themselves it would require at least two very sturdy men with some experience in handling heavy loads; a good, substantial movers' dolly, and a truck with either a good ramp or a lift gate.

One buyer proposed to load in onto his pickup.  Not feasible in any sense of the word.  Its weight and unwieldy size make that all but impossible.

I have pictures which I can send to anyone interested, but moving costs or logistics will be a factor in a buyer's decision.

United's web site: http://www.unitedvanlines.com/index.htm  if you want to ask them.

Please respond to me at:  skim72ces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Charles Schermerhorn
805-735-6228