[BKARTS] Introduction

Hello.  I am one of your newest subscribers.  I am resuming bookbinding
after a hiatus of many years.  I am assembling a small bindery in my
basement and am on the lookout for equipment. Right now, my greatest needs
are for a hot stamping machine (e.g., Kwikprint) and a card shear light
enough for one person to carry down a flight of stairs.  I keep an eye on
eBay but am open to other sources.  Serviceable used equipment is fine.

Can anyone recommend a good text or web resource that covers the subject of
embossing leather in depth?  The texts I've seen don't touch on the subject.

Thanks.

Bob Bouvier
Herndon, VA