Re: [BKARTS] toning paper / endpapers

On Oct 28, 2004, at 2:15 PM, Amy West wrote:

I just tried toning some dove grey 80 lb. paper needed for a minor
repair using methyl cellulose and acrylic paint. I had difficulty
getting the right tone and a smooth look: the brush strokes are quite
visible. Any suggestions or recommendations to do better next time?
(I used m.c. with a viscosity of 1900-2200 cps; mixed 2 tsps with 1/2
c. of water: perhaps it was too thick.)

Try wetting the paper first  --  mist it and allow to soak thoroughly
and uniformly.
Also, the color and size may be too thick.

Bill Minter
4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695
814-793-4020