[BKARTS] wartime publishing

Can anyone point me to sources that talk about the restrictions on
publishing due to World War II for both the U.S. and Britain?  I see
notices in books saying "this is a wartime book" or "in compliance with
the governments request for conserving materials" or similar notices.
Often there is also a graphic of an eagle in diving mode with a book in
its talons and a ribbon banner in its mouth proclaiming "books are
weapons in the war of ideas."  There are other graphics and wordings
that were used. I would like to find the actual wording the various
governments used that printers/publishers were to follow.

Thanks

Sam Nielson