[BKARTS] Viruses and Spam

Dear book_art-l subscribers,

Below is my reply to Susan Rotolo to an off-list e-mail I just received:

=====

Dear Suze,

It's even worse than you think.  It seems as though some spam/virus robots
harvested my identity from the book_arts-l
archive a year or two ago, before the web server started stripping e-mail
addresses off posts to prevent it, and every day
I get hundreds of spams and dozens of viruses, as well as dozens or
hundreds of "returned mail" for e-mails I didn't
send.  They also spoof other random names @ minsky.com as the "sender."

I have an external (before my mail server) spam/virus filter in place.  The
other day it had 2,400 spams in it and 120
viruses!
--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com

SRotolo wrote:

  Hello Richard
  I am getting 2 of these a day now, so I thought I would let you
  know....not that there is anything to do about it.
  saluti,
  Suze