Re: [BKARTS] Viruses and Spam

I sympathise with Richard. We have the same problem, though perhaps on a
smaller scale. At least 3 or 4 returned mails every day from sites we have never
mailed to.

I have never discovered a way or stopping the mails, especially as most of
them are automatic replies from various servers, rather than from actual
individuals. And I refuse to change our e-mail address, which is an obvious solution
to the problem.

Luckily, all this spam has no way of getting near the type casting equipment.
Just think what could happen if that was all computer driven, and the
Monotype started up every day casting galleys of all this rubbish. Actually, come to
think of it, it might not be a bad way of warming the caster up. One is always
supposed to throw the first gally or so back into the melting pot...

David Bolton
The Alembic Press, Oxford, UK
www.alembicpress.co.uk