[BKARTS] Book Mending Workshops

If you're interested in a trip to the Southwest, Amigos Library Services
offers a series of three book repair classes that are very good (and I'm
not saying this just because I teach for them).

We teach the classes several times a year, throughout the
Southwest.  They're not extremely expensive-- like $250 for the two-day
workshop, depending on if you're a member of the organization.  The
workshops are very much geared to fixing circulating library books, and
cover topics like paper repair, hinge tightening and paperback
reinforcement (in Basic Book Repair), rebacking and recasing (in
Intermediate), and humidification, history of papermaking, and advanced
reback techniques (in Advanced).  None are scheduled to the end of the
year, but more will be scheduled soon-- one seems to be run every month or so.

Check out the website at www.amigos.org for all the details, or you can
contact me with questions.