[BKARTS] New Florida Book Arts Workshop: November 21

Hello Book Arts List:

We've added an additional book arts workshop to our schedule: We've had
such a big response here at the Jaffe Book Arts Collection to our upcoming
book arts workshop with New York artist Mindy Belloff, that we asked Mindy
to teach another session; she has kindly agreed to add one more workshop
day. The Saturday 11/20 workshop is completely filled at this point, but we
are adding a workshop now on Sunday 11/21, from 10am to 3pm. It will be a
repeat of Saturday's workshop, entitled "An Introduction to the Artists'
Book: Combining Text & Image."

In this workshop, participants will print a small edition book using block
printing and type stamping, gaining hands-on experience in creating and
printing an image. You will learn how to design an image, plan the printing
sequence, transfer the image, and carve a soft block. You will set some
text using rubber stamps and print both image and text by hand, using a
brayer and water-based inks. Collage elements will also be encouraged. In
this introduction to the book arts, students will be encouraged to think
about combining text, image, and narrative sequence, and begin to learn the
process involved in printing and creating a small edition book.

Tuition is $65, plus a $15 materials fee. Tuition for FAU students with
valid ID is $30, plus a $15 materials fee. Class limit: 12. Experience: All
levels. Workshop takes place here at the Wimberly Library on Sunday,
November 21, from 10am to 3pm.

To register for this added on session, begin first by replying to this
email to let me know that you would like me to hold a spot, then click here
on this link to our current FOLIO newsletter:

http://www.library.fau.edu/depts/spc/folioautumn2004.pdf

Fill out the registration form, making note that you are signing up for the
Sunday 11/21 workshop (which is not even listed on the registration form,
this is such breaking news), and send with your check to me at the address
provided. If I can answer any questions, don't hesitate to ask... just

Thank you... come on by to make a book!
John

ps. Thanks to all who stopped in last night for the Book Arts Java Hour...
some 50 folks came by--mostly curious students--to have some coffee and
meet BocaRatoons cartoonist Ray Russotto. Our next Book Arts Java Hour
event happens on Saturday, November 20, from 4pm to 6pm. Come by then to
have some coffee and meet book and installation artist Mindy Belloff. Jaffe
Atrium Book Arts Gallery, third floor east of the Wimberly Library.

John Cutrone The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection Florida Atlantic University Wimberly Library 777 Glades Road Boca Raton, Florida 33431