Re: [BKARTS] Mix and Match Books

Dear Jonathon,
It was not my intention to embarrass you, my apologies. It's so hard to
get a humorous tone through in an email sometimes. Emily Watson is a
wonderful actress. I was slightly unhappy with slice book because is is
similar to slice forms, a type of pop up. That too is a term that
wouldn't be familiar to the general public. I am going to ask some
people from the Movable Book Society what they know about the
terminology. I'll get back to you.
Emily

Emily Martin The Naughty Dog Press 742 7th Avenue South Iowa City, IA 52240 USA 319 338-7266 319 338-5741 (fax) http://www.emilymartin.com emilyjmartin@xxxxxxxxx The University of Iowa Center for the Book emily-martin@xxxxxxxxx On Nov 13, 2004, at 9:58 AM, Jonathan Lill wrote:

Emily,

Of course I am completely embarrassed by mistaking your name as, having
found your website and quoted it, I knew what your name actually was.
As is
so often the case, I noted the error immediately after sending the
message.
Please forgive me. I found the term slice book to be a very intriguing
description of the form but a term that most people wouldn't
recognize. At
the same time, while the term Mix and Match seems more familiar, if I
say
its a mix and match book, I don't think many more people will know
what I'm
talking about either. Thanks for your input,

Sincerely,

Jonathan Lill
2004 Kress Fellow in Art Librarianship
Art and Architecture Library