[BKARTS] Questions about Studio Heating, Humidity, etc.

I'm relocating my workshop from a dry and heated building to an unheated space (eastern Tennessee.)I'm going to need a space heater of some sort and a de-humidifier, and would welcome any comments or concerns for handling the cold, moisture, insects, etc. as well as things to watch out for in storing materials.
Thanks!!
Bob Roberts