Re: [BKARTS] Questions about Studio Heating, Humidity, etc.

A few years ago I renovated a large 3 car garage for a studio and put in a
Trane heat pump. Since I'm in South Central Kentucky, I'd imagine the humidity
and general conditions are similar to yours.

It is a system that has a/c and heat and works by taking moisture out of the
interior air. I'm quite happy with it. I've left it on at about 55 when I've
been gone, and it has done quite well. It's a bigger outlay of cash than space
heater type solutions, but I think it is the way to go. From what I've read,
we are about as far north as this type of heating is effective. Heat pumps
don't handle prolonged cold weather well. If you go this route, you might have to
experiment with the ideal temp for your studio. The heat pump was
inadvertently left off for a chunk of the summer, and I returned to find mildew.

Good luck,

Susan King