[BKARTS] cloth backing tip?

After several failed attempts at paper backing some unusual cloth I
tried applying the cloth to the film adhesive I use for my photopolymer
plates.  It worked beautifully, and I avoided the use of glue all
together.  I almost feel like I was cheating somehow..

I have yet to see the long term effects of this process in terms of
wear and tear, but is there any reason why I should not be doing this?

(the film adhesive can be had at boxcar press:
http://boxcarpress.com/photopolymer-supplies/pressroom.html (scroll to
the bottom of the page)

Brandon Mise
Blue Barnhouse