Re: [BKARTS] Preserving newspaper

    I use a deacidification spray, especially developed to preserve old papers,
newspapers, documents.  It is sold, for instance, by Gaylord, product number
DY-PT22, but is very expensive  (33$ for 8 oz.)  and the 8 oz size covers only
25 square feet.  The deacidifying substance is magnesium carbonate, which is
dirt cheap.  But I suspect it is the vehicle, which seems to me to be a
flourocarbon compound, certainly not water, that contributes to the cost.
     I wish there were a cheaper way.   I am certialy open to suggestions.

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel from
the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.