Re: [BKARTS] Preserving newspaper- craft methods

Charles,
I am not the original author of this method. If someone is looking for
an inexpensive way to treat newspaper I would not expect them to  order
the fabric from a specialty source. As long as the fabric is clean,
non-absorbent and loose woven such as fabric interfacing (available at
any domestic sewing store such as Hancocks in the US) it will work fine
as a support.
As to resizing the paper I would be more inclined to use one of the
acrylic mediums that Golden makes. Sorry I can't recommend a specific
one. I am not an expert in paper and such. I assumed the original query
did not come from a professional either.  I did specify originally that
this was a 'craft' solution.

Christine

Charles Schermerhorn wrote:

Christine - by "white, nonfusible fabric interfacing" are you referring to
such as Reemay fabric?  It would be useful if you identified the product by
some name under which such as Gaylord or Talas or whoever list it as a
product.

Charles Schermerhorn
The New Leaf Bookbindery
Lompoc, CA