Re: [BKARTS] gold finishing

After paring the leather label, you'll want/need to line it with a thin
Japanese paper. This will help preserve the dimensional stability of the
label and keep it from stretching or otherwise getting distorted. Paste out
the leather and apply to the Japanese paper. I let mine dry on mylar. Pops
right off when dry. Then stamp, and lightly edge pare. If your leather is
thin to begin with, there won't be much to take off. Apply with PVA.

Peter