[BKARTS] Preserving newspaper

Dear friends, far and wide,
I was somewhat astounded at all the suggestions, recipes and answers to my
question about preserving newspaper. Thanks to all.

Woodcraftsman Alan Bradstreet of Pownal, Maine sent me a baseball cap which
began with the folded sports pages from his local Maine newspaper. He created a
curved wooden brim, 'turned' miniature baseball bats and baseballs in various
sizes, to embellish his pressman's cap. The team--PRESS.

If I could'a I would'a bronzed this prize, but still wanted to try to
preserve it--simply. Thus, the question.   Shu-Ju Wang's "Pear Preserve" is just
about my capacity, I'm afraid.

If you would like to see the image, drop me a note and I'll send you a .jpg
of Alan's PLAY BALL!
(photo by Lynn Padwe)

S T I L L * D A N C I N G
A L I C E
______________________
A L I C E * S I M P S O N
www.fingerstothebone.com/AliceSimpson.html
www.craftsreport.com/february03/profile.html

<<I had 3 slices of pear preserved in gel medium for several years (8?),
and they looked more or less like the way they did when I first did
them. Don't know how long they would actually last though. I think I
tossed them out finally in my last round of studio cleaning, but not
because they had gone bad (they hadn't).

About the newpaper - I wonder if the paper would go translucent when
you put on the gel medium, and the back side would show through?
--Shu-Ju Shu-Ju Wang <shuju@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>