Re: [BKARTS] LP Record Cleaning

When I worked in a oldies radio station, where most of the
playlist was on vynil, there was an accepted method of cleaning
the records.

First spray the records with a mix of one part Simple Green and
three parts water. Be careful at all times that the label does
not get wet.

Using a soft paint brush work the solution into the groves.

Carefully rinse the soap off the record with tap water.

Do a final rinse with store bought processed water.

After drying with a new paper towel, allow to air dry on end
for overnight to a whole day.

DO NOT play wet records. That will damage the disks worse than
playing them dirty.

MaiKätzchen
--- James Trent <bkbinder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know that this is not exactly a book problem. However,
> could a media coservationist have any advice on cleaning LP
> that have been sitting around for years before playing them.
>
> Bkbinder

=====
Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

From the book, Charge of the Goddess