[BKARTS] Inkjet question

I have a project that will only be economically possible using an inkjet printer.

The obvious concern is water resistance. I can't find enough really current technical discussion on the Web.

Are there alternatives to the Epson printers and pigmented inks? (HP only seems to have a black pigmented ink.)

Also...any quality experiences would be helpful.

Thanks...

...Richard Sokolnicki