From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of susan
Sent: December 3, 2004 4:19 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] kutrimmer obsession

I would like to hear from people who have experience using the

Kutrimmer.

Am close to purchase but am vacillating between the kutrimmer 1071 (28

1/2"), 1058 (22 1/2") and the 1038 (14 3/4") models. I'm leaning toward

the 1071 because I may be more upset not having the large size when I

need it - for binder's board, cutting down quantities of large paper

stock etc.

I feel it's the best tool I could purchase for my bookmaking and

teaching. I always go through this crazy anxiety over major purchases -

any thoughts. I am a lover of good tools my philosophy is to keep

spare, a few good things - don't want to purchase a tool and have to

augment it with 10 others.

Perhaps I know the answer to my own question. Was advised once to

purchase a sleeping bag for the coldest weather I would expect to

experience. Is this analogous to my trimmer / cutter dilemma?

Thanks for you answers and patience.

                  Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

---