[BKARTS] Pseudo raised bands

The false raised bands will of course somewhat stiffen the opening  qualities
of the books. This could conceivably be advantageous and given  that you have
decided upon a tightback structure I assume that you have taken  this
potential into account.

As to the "moral" issue, let us recall that the objection to false bands
arose out of a rearguard action against the degradation and dishonesty of the
early industrial binding trade. That battle was lost very long ago not only in
the trade but largely in "craft binding" as well; see the ubiquitous
references on this list to a case covering as a "binding".
Let me assure you that we in the mob will not be coming after you with
pitchforks. Our bodkins now that's another  question entirely. Best, James