Re: [BKARTS] hot stamping

J.J. Where do you live? From whom do you get your type? What are you
trying to print on and with what hot-stamping press? I buy mine from a
very reliable foundry in San Francisco.

Charles

J. J. Foncannon wrote:

   This is a question to the group about hot stamping.  Almost every
set of fonts I have purchased--- mainly on EBAY---  do a great job of
hot stamping.  I purchased a set of 14 pt Roman type, however, that
deform when stamping, even though I maintain a stamping temperature of
270 degress or less.
   Are all types suitable for hot stamping?  If not, does anyone know
the reason?
Jet

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel
from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the
back counter.
“But they are identical,” the owner protested.
“No,” Magritte insisted.  “This one’s been stared at.”

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>