Re: [BKARTS] teaching grade 4 kids

My daughter is 4, and has recently helped me bind a fantastic book. She
helped apply the glue and turned the wheel on the stack cutter's clamp.
She feels that she helped with the book, and is very proud.

I think that a project like this for grade fours is not that difficult.
A 15 minute explaination on how a book is made, a 10 minute
demonstration, and a program based on 4 or 5 steps would be pretty
simple to do. Especially if they do it in groups.

I think drying time is the toughest part, but rubber cement and thick
thread should do the job just as well. Even a basic stapel bound
chapbook with a carboard cover might prove an enlightening experience
for them. In a year's time, I may also be working with my son's grade
four class. Thanks for sharing your experience.

R.L.Angus
Octavia & Co. Press
Octavia Occult . Com
3112 - 28th Ave SW