[BKARTS] gluing photographs

I am working on a project and need to glue photographs onto heavy 24 pt
paper.  The photographs are printed on Kodak Photograph Paper.  I have tried PVA,
but have to apply pressure for a long time to get the photograph to stick, and
getting the photo to stay put while I apply pressure is a problem.  I assume
the finish on the photographic paper is not allowing much air to get to the
glue to dry.  Any suggestions on another type glue I might try?
Rena