[BKARTS] The STAND AND DELIVER catalog

Have you seen the STAND AND DELIVER catalog?
This soon-to-become COLLECTOR'S ITEM
from the
SPECTACULAR exhibition of
52 POP-UP books by artists from 24 STATES,
(red and blue)
and FIVE COUNTRIES,
curated by ED HUTCHINS is
AWESOME.

To my UTTER ASTONISHMENT, I discovered that included in the package is
also a CD which BRINGS TO LIFE many of these SPECTACULAR books.

With sounds of BAT WINGS, CREAKY DOORS, BELLS and WHISTLES--
each suitable to the individual books, Julie Sadler
<http://www.magikglasses.com/untitled%202.html>
created the delightful interactive Victorian animation
in Goreyesque style.
There are CLOSE-UPS and VARIED VIEWS,
as well as animations that show things like
an ACTUAL ARTIST'S HANDS
cranking GEORGE W'S HEAD IN A PSYCHEDELIC FLIP book
from Joe Freedman and Ilisha Helfman's FRIEND OR FOE.
Emily Reiser explains IN HER OWN VOICE--
how she turned a bed into a creepy bed bug in THE BED BUG BOOK.

FOLKS, seeing all the unique ways an idea can make its way to form
Is ABSOLUTELY INSPIRING.
There are book makers out there, with skills to AMAZE and ASTOUND.
Ideas you have never even imagined--
STRUCTURES AND CONSTRUCTIONS to make the Eiffel Tower look simple,
COLOR COMBINATIONS that ought to be on neckties,
and artists printing in techniques with such stamina, my back aches.
STAND AND DELIVER does just what it says it will do--
“engineers sculptures into book formats, offers intriguing shapes,
reveals folds and uplifting pages.”

When the catalog for the STAND AND DELIVER opens,
show information EXPLODES on a POP-UP STARBURST.
And two booklets slide out from left and right--
one with an introduction, background statements by several participating
artists,
COLOR photos, and the interactive CD-- the other has color photos and
descriptions of ALL 52...yes, FIFTY-TWO BOOKS in the show.

The catalog can be purchased from any of the sponsoring organizations
or by sending a check made out to "Ed Hutchins" for $26.29 (postpaid).
Send to:

Ed Hutchins
Stand and Deliver
PO Box 624