[BKARTS] Cord and thread weight

Hi there,

I'm a hobbiest book binder that has been lurking on the list for some
time.  Most of my work is done in the flexible style, sewn on cords and
bound fully in leather.

I have a question about what other people use for cord and thread
weights.  I have experimented with several weights and types of cords
and thread, but would like some advice from more experienced people.

Also, I still find the designation of cord weights cryptic, and would
appreciate it if someone could explain it to me.

As an example, my most recent binding project was a three volume work,
sewn octavo, with each volume roughly 560 pages (35 signatures), with
the pages 8 1/4" high by 5 3/4" wide, printed on 90 gsm weight paper.

Many thanks.

- David Manthey
--
David Manthey