[BKARTS] Publication Opportunity for Altered Book Artists

Hello. My attempts to register on the book arts site have been rejected. Actually, I wanted to join in order to post a juried publication opportunity for altered book artists. I am an assistant editor at Lark Books, a publishing company in North Carolina, writing because we are currently producing Altered Books(working title) by one of your members, Gabe Cyr. We would like to personally invite all of your altered book artists to participate in this free publication opportunity.

We are particularly interested in books that feature the following: folds and pockets, pop-ups, windows, niches, structural alterations, unique backgrounds, and books that utilize other media and art forms (such as leather, metal, fiber techniques, printmaking, etc). These techniques and features will be covered in-depth in this informative guide. The second half of the book is composed of an extensive gallery that shows spreads from books divided into categories such as minimalist art, narratives, shelf art, and personal journeys. Spreads from your book, if chosen, may ultimately be used in either section of the book (techniques or gallery).

We are accepting high-quality imagery for jurying by the author (up to 5 books, showing up to 5 spreads per book). Once Gabe has made her selections, Lark Books will ask that accepted artists mail us the original book for final selections and photographing in our studio. Accepted artists will receive full acknowledgement within the book, along with a complimentary copy upon its publication in the spring of 2006 and a 40% discount on additional copies. There is no entry fee. All images must be accompanied by appropriate paperwork?interested artists should contact me directly for more information.

I sincerely hope that you?ll be able to help us get the word out about this project. We hope that it will be an informative and helpful guide to anyone who is seriously interested in altered book art; the success of this book depends upon the contributions of book artists. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you cannot fulfill this request. Thanks for your time.

Best, Rebecca Guthrie Assistant Editor Lark Books 67 Broadway Asheville NC USA 28801 tel: 828 253 0467 fax: 828 253 7952 e-mail: rebecca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <http://www.larkbooks.com>http://www.larkbooks.com