Re: [BKARTS] Florida & Book Arts

Hi Alice,

It's the perfect time of year to head down to Florida. We are actually
getting a cold snap and it's supposed to get down to the 40s tonight. I had
to dig out my sweaters today!

I live in Port St. Lucie, which is basically no-wheres-ville, but you may
want to check into the new book center at FAU in Boca. I haven't had a
chance to go there myself, but I'm hoping I can take some workshops in the
future. It's at least an hour south of me....and some very intense traffic :(

Then there's also the Bienes center in Ft. Lauderdale
(http://www.broward.org/library/bienes/bienes.htm). I managed to take a
workshop there awhile ago, and they have some items on display, but I think
you can find out about making an appointment to see some of their
collection. Oh...same with FAU. They have the Jaffe collection there I
believe.

One other place is UCF's library (http://library.ucf.edu) has an art book
collection. Again, same thing, you need to check ahead of time about seeing.

Enjoy your vacation!
~ Tammy