Re: [BKARTS] Florida & Book Arts

The Wolfsonian-FIU Collection in the heart of Miami Beach's Art Deco
District holds a really wonderful collection of North American and European  objects
dating from 1885 to 1945, including strong collections of books,  bindings,
and printed materials of all types. They are especially good in  the areas of
Art Nouveau, Arts and Crafts, and Futurist design.
The Gulf Coast of Florida is a bit book arts poor though our beaches  are
much much nicer than the East Coast. There is a small collection at the  Ringling
School of Art in Sarasota as well as students and faculty interested in  the
field.
In Tampa the Special Collections at USF-Tampa has, again, a relatively  small
but quite interesting collection of fine press books.
In the general Tampa Bay Area there is The Florida Gulf Coast Society of
Scribes which holds regular meetings, workshops, etc., devoted to the book arts.
Contact _cberner3@xxxxxxxx (mailto:mcberner3@xxxxxxx)  for  information.
As I'm not sure what parts of our paradise you will be visiting you might
also go to _http://floridabooksellers.com/_ (http://floridabooksellers.com/)
the  website for the Florida Antiquarian Booksellers Association. You can use
their  map to locate members near where you will be visiting and those members
will be  a sure guide to what's up in their area. Best, James