Re: [BKARTS] John DePol's passing

I am quite saddened to hear this; I have only recently come to be familiar
with John DePol's work, but I have an interesting story to tell.

Last week the Arts of the Book Collection at Yale received a call from John
DePol. I did not take the call but was there as my coworker spoke with him.
He was in very good spirits and seemed very eager to talk. Apparently he
had recently learned or been told about his presence on the web (a Google
search for "Jon DePol" turns up 2,960 hits) and wanted to share that fact
with us, collectors of much of his work. My coworker had the pleasure of
speaking with him for 5 or 10 minutes.

I wanted to share with the list the fact that not only did he seem to be in
good spirits but was still very sharp and together. He seemed proud and
gratified for the interest taken in his work. I hope his passing was easy;
may we all hold ourselves together so well.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Lill