Re: [BKARTS] summer conference

THE OREGON BOOK ARTS GUILD'S

Seventh Biennial Focus Conference

Saturday, June 18 through Tuesday, June 22, 2005

The Oregon Book Arts Guild's Seventh Biennial Focus Conference will be held

Saturday, June 18th through Tuesday, June 22.  We are very excited about the

variety of one- and two-day classes we offer.  We happily welcome back some

old friends as well as new talents to our conference:

Cheri Aldrich - Embellishment Extravaganza; Clasps, Closures & Cling-Ons

Doris Arndt - The Artistic Exploration Journal & The Woven Metal Book

Carol Barton - Ideas for Books:  Thinking in 3-D* Carousel Books*

Galen Berry - Paper & Fabric Marbling*

Colleen Cavin - De-mystifying Bench Skills

Dayle Doroshow - Dim Sum Clay Buffet; The Unfolding Pyramid; The Exotic

Hinged Box & Book*

Diane Downs - Mini Slide-Mount Books; Deck of Inspiration

Christine Eagon - Polaroid Transfers*

Patricia Edmonds - Beginning Book Repair

Lisa Englebrecht - Artists Backgrounds

Patricia Grass - Print-A-Book (computer)* Woodworking for Bookmakers*

Georgianna Greenwood - Intro to Calligraphy*

Dolores Guffey - Any & All Occasion Book; Unique Handmade Cards

Karen Hanmer - Paperback Rebinding*

Peggy Johnston - Piano-Hinge Distortions*

Susan Jones - Vegetable Book Art; Handmade Paper Pages; Handmade Paper

Covers

Patsy Moreland - Papermaking

Jocelyn Merchant - Metal Book Clasps

Jana Pullman - Nag Hammadi Binding; Limp Paper Binding

Doug Shafer - Tooling on Leather*

Dorothy Swendeman - Screen Printing

Jessica Spring - More Fun Than One

Consuelo Tolosa - Recycled Self-Book*

Jacqueline Wygant - Carnival Paste Papers

* two-day class

In addition to classes there will be evening programs & receptions.  There

will also be a trade show and the opportunity to purchase items from book

artists at the In Focus Gallery.

The conference will be moving to Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon.

A larger selection of classrooms means more class selections and the

addition of art rooms means some of those classes can even get messy!

On-campus housing and meal plans will be available.

For more conference or scholarship information, contact:

Laurie Weiss
www.oregonbookartsguild.org
or

1928 21st Ave