Re: [BKARTS] painting on leather book?

You are probably thinking of Frisket Film

As for masking materials, I have seen binders who use a plastic masking
film
to limit where the glaire goes on the leather of their books before gold
finishing.  The film should be available in art supply shops, used for that
purpose on more conventional painting surfaces; I understand that it is
low-tack and comes off cleanly.  I don't know what it's called, however.
With a thick paint, such as acrylic, you'd have even less chance of bleed
than with a more liquid one, too.

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>