Re: [BKARTS] Laser Printer Paper and Glue

When we would do books with students in school one of the biggest mistakes
they would make is using far too much PVA.  It does, as previously
mentioned, have a lot of water so it tends to wrinkle and warp a lot.

Try this.... Use your finger to run a small bead down the edge of the
paper.  Your finger doesn't hold nearly as much as your brush does and you
can run a very thin bead along the edge of the paper.  Go back over the
bead with the same finger to thin out slightly.  Apply the paper to the
VERY thin layer of PVA and clamp or press.  You'd be surprised how little
PVA you need to really hold something like that.

We use PVA for our boxes and we run small beads along the lower edges of
our front and side panels and simply clamp.  It holds very well for such a
small contact area.  Obviously we go back in later and put another layer
on the inside of the box to reinforce against lots of handling and weight,
but it defintiely holds well.

So in short... Small very thin layer of glue.  Apply the paper and then
bone smooth and press until dry.