[BKARTS] John DePol corrections

This is (I hope) a legible version of the email I sent earlier.

In addition to Five Decades of the Burin: The Wood Engravings of John DePol, and John DePol, A Catalogue Raisonne of His Graphic Work, 1935-1998, members of the list should also be aware of John DePol: a celebration of his work, by many hands. (Council Bluffs: Yellow Barn, 1994), a festschrift for John made by many of the printers for whom he created wood engravings. This is a difficult book to find, as there are only 150 copies, 60 of which went to the contributors.

If you're interested in seeing a copy, these libraries should have one:

Bucknell U                      Ohio U                  U Iowa

Connecticut College             RIT                     U Missouri, Columbia

Drew U                          Saint Lawrence U        U Nebraska at Omaha

Grinnell College                        Swarthmore College      U North Texas

Hamilton College                UCLA                    U San Francisco

National Art Library,           UC, Santa Barbara       Wake Forest U
Victoria & Albert Museum

Northwestern U                  U Delaware              Washington U

As both a printer & a librarian, I was very fortunate to have many pleasant phone calls and a few meetings with John from about 1989 to about a month ago. In that first phone call, John offered to make a large engraving & two pressmarks for a book I was working on-for free. Later, he gave a set of engraving tools & a few blocks to a friend of mine who had expressed an interest in learning to make wood engravings. That's just the way he was, and I'll miss him an awful lot.

By the way, if you're searching for John on the web, be sure to use the misspelling "De Pol" as well as "DePol."

Asa Peavy, Program Manager
Marjorie G. & Carl W. Stern Book
Arts & Special Collections Center
San Francisco Public Library