[BKARTS] Blocking Powder

Dear Isabelle,

As far as we have been able to ascertain, blocking powder is no longer sold as a 'ready-to-use' product.  Several years ago though, we came across a simple recipe:

25% French Chalk (Tailor's Talc)
75% Finely Ground Shellac

Mixed together.

Shellac will be available from good art shops, but just ensure that it is of the 'de-waxed' variety.  We can supply rough ground Shellac for GBP 6.00 for a 0.5 litre bottle.  You should be able to obtain French Chalk should be a available from a local chemical supplier

best wishes,

David

David Lanning
J. Hewit & Sons Ltd.