Re: [BKARTS] conditioning leather

I would be truly grateful if anyone could explain a little about the
advantages and disadvantages of using oil to condition an old leather
binding.  The book in question is from the late 19th century and the leather
is in good condition, though a bit dry...  I have heard they're are some
disadvantages to it, if anyone could help me here... thanks.  Chris Lura,
Kinderhook NY.