Re: [BKARTS] conditioning leather

Lura,

Oil can turn dry rotted leather to jelly which may
never dry and if it should dry, will leave the leather
like brittle plastic. We make and sell a leather
preserver for dry rotted leather, which we can discuss
off-list. For surface consolidation; Klucel-G works
well for leather that is dry and cracking, but not dry
rotted can be treated with polyglycerol, followed by a
like application of neatsfoot oil.

Ed