[BKARTS] Using "non-bookcloth" fabrics

All,

Forgive my newbie-esque question, but the answer has kind of slipped my
mind.

I've found some great cotton fabric that I'd love to use to either line a
box or perhaps even wrap a book with and was curious if I could do so seeing
as how it's ordinary sewing fabric and not "bookcloth".

What adhesives would I use as well?

Thanks all for your help!

Christian