Re: [BKARTS] Using 'non-bookcloth' fabrics

The one thing I didn't see in the discussion was the issue of archival
quality.

Three things came into mind when I was reading through the archives:

1. When using PVA, does it not seep through and create a "plastic"
coating/looking fabric?  Knowing what it makes traditional bookcloth look
like when it happens to get on it, makes me worry about this.

2. When using the heat applied webbing, is this archival?  In sewing
applications I believe this is to be a temporary solution until a stitch
is made, how would this hold up over time?

3. Has anyone used wheat paste with such fabrics?  I've experimented with
it a bit making paste papers, but it is supposed to be much more "fabric
friendly" in that it doesn't discolor the fabric?

Sorry if i missed the answers to these, but I did spend some time looking
last night.

Christian