[BKARTS] Using 'non-bookcloth' fabrics

Hi, Christian

I paper-back fabric with sekishu (japanese paper) with an iron-on adhesive webbing called Stitch Witchery.  You can find the stitch witchery at sewing, fabric, or quilting stores.

I learned this technique from a class that I took at The Center for Book Arts.

I place the webbing in between the fabric and sekishu and iron in low heat to activate the adhesive.

The sekishu paper is a great membrane for protecting the fabric from moisture such as paste or PVA

I believe it's so good that you can use paste (but not PVA) to adhere the sekishu on to the fabric.

When dry, you can use any kind of adhesive including PVA.  Personally, I like to use the stitch witchery.  The paste can make the final product a little bit stiff.  I tend to be heavy handed when using paste.