[BKARTS] Transylvania University is offering a $5,000 reward for in connection with the theft of rare books from its library on Dec. 17

Posted on Wed, Dec. 29, 2004

Books stolen from Transylvania's library

By Art Jester

Herald-leader Staff Writer

Transylvania University is offering a $5,000 reward for in connection with
the theft of rare books from its library on Dec. 17. Sarah Emmons,
Transylvania's director of public relations, said the reward would be given
for the return, or information leading to the return, of the stolen books.

"The $5,000 reward will be shared if more than one person provides the
information that leads to the recovery of the items, and the items must be
recovered in good condition," Emmons said.

Transylvania has not released details on the specific books that were
stolen. The special collections department of its library has numerous rare
values that attract researchers to Transylvania. Some of the rare books in
Transylvania's special collections are several centuries old.

Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at (859) 253-2020 or from
a cell phone, call *2020, or Transylvania's department of public safety at
(859) 233-8118.

"We will pay the reward, with no questions asked," Emmons said. "All
information will be kept confidential, including the identity of the reward
recipient or recipients."

"We are devastated that these items are missing and we want them back," she
said. "While these items are extremely valuable to us, their uniqueness
would make them very difficult to sell." "We are asking the public to
pass-on any information that might assist in the recovery of these items."

Reach Art Jester at (859) 231-3489; 1-800-950-6397, ext. 3489; or
ajester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

t 0031 104655724
f 0031 847466390