[BKARTS] how to become a bookarts librarian

hi everyone - I'm a lurker on the list, always listening in but rarely
responding...but I finally have a question!

I am wondering about the career paths of those of you who are librarians,
library conservators, and artist book/special collections curators.  I have
just recently realized that getting a graduate degree in library/info
science may provide just what I am looking for - a degree with fairly decent
employment outlook (versus my bachelor's in vocal performance) AND a job
working with books, paper, information, and technology.

I am not sure yet just what kind of library work I'd want to do but since I
already am a paper and book artist, I thought I'd see what it takes to work
in that specialty.

I'm also looking for any resources you can point me toward about becoming a
librarian, and about this area of specialization in particular.  I live in
Madison, WI right now and probably will apply to the grad school here, but
am totally open to travelling for a good opportunity.

Please email me offlist if you have opinions, tips, suggestions, etc. on the
subject!

Thanks -

Allison KM Bloom