[BKARTS] Fwd: how to become a bookarts librarian

here's what i emailed offlist.

***

A graduate library degree for positions in research or collections is fine but if you are specifically interested in conservation or preservation of books or paper, here are some library programs that specialize in this.  please visit -  http://www.ala.org/ala/alctscontent/alctspubsbucket/webpublications/alctspreservation/preseddir/home.htm

Also, there are MFA programs that specialize in the conservation and preservation but the programs are broad to include paintings, textiles, glass, marble, etc.  For example, the Institute of Fine Arts at NYU.  please visit - http://www.nyu.edu/gsas/dept/fineart/

Hope this helps.  Happy New Year!