[BKARTS] Publishers' Binding Collection on eBay

I have updated the online catalog of the exhibition "American Decorated
Publishers' Bindings 1872-1929" with about 40 photos of bindings, and added
the new acquisitions. There are also links now from 26 of the 32 artists
identified in the collection to photos of their work in the exhibition. In
total the collection includes 200+ volumes.

The exhibition will be coming down next week, and I have placed the entire
collection at auction this week on eBay. Please contact me off-list if you
wish to view the exhibition (in Hudson, NY).

You can see the online exhibition at
http://bookarts.net/am_dec_pub.htm
where there is a link to the eBay auction at the top of the page, and the
linked list of designers is at the bottom of the page.  There is also a
page on "The Hollywood Connection", with variations of the cover and dust
jacket designs of "The Garden of Allah," a Robert Hichens book from 1904
that was made into two editions illustrated by photographs in 1907, and
later two silent movies and a talkie, with new illustrated "photoplay"
editions of each that used art based on the film for the dj.

The artists represented include:

Edwin Austin Abbey
Margaret Armstrong
Elisha Brown Bird
Will Bradley
Alfred Brennan
Evelyn W. Clark
Walter Crane
Earl Stetson Crawford
Esther M. Crawford
W.H. Denslow
George Wharton Edwards  F. C. Gordon
Frederick Garrison Hall
Theodore Brown Hapgood
Frank Hazenplug
Edward Stratton Holloway
George W. Hood
Adrian Iorio
Will Jordan
Harry B. Matthews
Alice Cordelia Morse
William Dana Orcutt  Mary Prindeville
Amy Richards
Rome K. Richardson
Rachael Robertson
Amy Sacker
Will Schrank
Frank Berkeley Smith
W.E.B. Starkweather
Bertha Stuart
Lee and Henry Thayer (The Decorative Designers)
Sarah Wyman Whitman

As always, I welcome any corrections to the catalog information.

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com