Re: [BKARTS] Dahle Rolling Trimmers

Dear John

I am distributor of paper handling equipment, including paper  cutters -- by
EBA (kutrimmer), Dahle, Kobra, Rotatrim and Trio -- so  allow me to give you
some advise.  I know getting the right paper cutter  could be confusing.

Here are some thought and opinions:

1.  All Dahle items are reliable, offer self-sharpening  design and are made
in Germany.  The Personal line (model 507, 508) if  really only suitable for
hobby and light-duty use.  The Professional series  is a good quality line
(model 550, 552, etc) and offers precise, bur-free  cutting suitable for
professional projects.  Their "high-end" Premium  trimmers are Dahle's newest line and
the most expensive.  For the best  value I would stick with the Professional
series.

2. There are other alternatives but to keep it simple, I would  say that you
can consider the following 3 options:

- Rotatrim: this is still in my opinion the best quality rotary  trimmer in
the world market today.  To give you an idea of pricing, we  supply the 18"
size, known as M18, for us$199 plus shipping.

- kutrimmer by eba/ideal: this is likely the most popular cutter  among
bookbinders largely due to the fact that it handles bookboard.  This  is not a
rotary type cutter but rather a hand lever/guillotine  cutter.  We have supplied a
number of these to other book_arts  members.

- Trio -- these are economy cutters that offer good, reliable, and  clean
cutting at a very reasonable price.  In particular, they are very  competitive in
the large format rotary trimmer market for handling large  prints.  A 14"
small table top rotary trimmer would cost you  $79.

You can check out our complete selection at _www.finegrafics.com_
(http://www.finegrafics.com)

Good luck!

Pedram Fanian
SignetAndino co
ebay user id: finegrafics
tel 1-866-510-2098 xt 222

In a message dated 1/3/2005 2:09:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,