[BKARTS] The Book Arts News @ FAU Libraries

Hello Book Arts & Letterpress Lists:

John Cutrone here again, switching hats from Convivio Bookworks to Jaffe
Book Arts Collection, with news on book arts exhibits and workshops in
South Florida this winter. The latest edition of our newsletter, "Folio:
The Book Arts News at FAU Libraries," is now available online. It's a
special edition that focuses on our upcoming exhibit, "STAND & DELIVER:
Engineering Scultpure into a Book Format." This exciting exhibit of movable
books, curated by Ed Hutchins, will be making its only Southeastern US stop
here at FAU beginning January 10, running through the end of March. And in
that span of time, we'll be bringing you nine book arts workshops with
Stand & Deliver artists, beginning with Maddy Rosenberg's "The Book as
Theater" on Saturday, January 15. In February, watch for a week's worth of
workshops and presentations with British paper engineer Paul Johnson, and
in March we'll be hosting workshops with Emily Martin and Val Van Sice.

The details are all here, just one click away:

http://www.library.fau.edu/depts/spc/foliosi2005.pdf

If you're thinking of a wintertime visit to South Florida, this should help
you bookish types seal the deal. And if you're a local, well, come see the
strides we're taking towards making FAU a great place for the Book Arts.
I'll be posting more messages to the lists as things progress with Stand &
Deliver. At this point, we've been unpacking books and beginning the
exhibit installation process, and are feeling rather amazed at the great
books we've seen so far.

The online version of Folio is an Adobe Acrobat file; if by chance you're
not equipped to view it, the software is available as a free download from
the Adobe website:

http://www.adobe.com

Just click on "Get Acrobat Reader" under the "Adobe .pdf" header.

John Cutrone The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection Florida Atlantic University Wimberly Library Boca Raton, Florida