Re: [BKARTS] wrinkled endpapers

Hi Carol,

All of the advice you've received in response to your question is
good, but James had the best bit.

Some years ago Philip Smith was in my lab and he happened to open a
book we'd recently rebacked.  He looked at the inner joint and said,
"Ah, a pencil case."  Meaning the popped inner joint.

He told me to close the bookblock on the board, and he was right.

>Lastly I find it preferable to close the bookblock on the board rather than
>vice versa. Best, James

Jack

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick