Re: [BKARTS] wrinkled endpapers

On Jan 6, 2005, at 2:53 AM, Jack C. Thompson wrote:

All of the advice you've received in response to your question is
good, but James had the best bit.

Some years ago Philip Smith was in my lab and he happened to open a
book we'd recently rebacked.  He looked at the inner joint and said,
"Ah, a pencil case."  Meaning the popped inner joint.

He told me to close the bookblock on the board, and he was right.

Lastly I find it preferable to close the bookblock on the board
rather than
vice versa. Best, James

I "Third" the suggestion, and I whole-heartedly agree with this
procedure.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695