Re: [BKARTS] wrinkled endpapers

Carole Vanderhoof wrote:
> And why would Don lay the pastedowns closed?  It seems to me that they don't get up into the joint that way...I only do the pastedowns closed on a book with a backed shoulder that will press the paper in.

Hi Carole,

I may have made a couple of erroneous assumptions, those being: first
that your boards went all or most of the way back to the spine fold ("no
french groove"); second, that your covering leather was adhered to the
spine edge of the boards. If however the leather bridges the gap between
spine strip and board the pastedown will indeed have to be laid with the
board open.
My bad...

Don