[BKARTS] Help with History of American Printmakers

Hello All,
I am new to North America from warm Australia (less than 2 weeks) and I need
some help with information about American printmakers - history and
contemporary.  I actually have to give a seminar on it - but mostly I would
like to know useful books, websites, thesis writings?  Key events,
influences, artists, patterns...And please, more than info just on Ken Tyler
and Frank Stella or Motherwell or Frankenthaler - the "Big Ones" dominate.
Were they that key or is it the writing of art history?  How important was
Tyler's print renaissance?  I am just finding generalisations and opinions
from painters who printed- I'd like some deeper analysis...Any suggestions
much appreciated.
Thank you.
Natalie Reid